Everything Goes To The Man With The Plan
There are a lot of philosophical things I could say, but the bottom line is the West is currently living in a fool’s paradise and everything is fine until it isn’t. The United States, in particular, is in bad shape. The question really comes down to a few things.
Where are you in life? This encompasses your age, your education, your skills, your marital situation, your responsibilities, your abilities and your limitations.
What do you want your future to hold for you?
Most people can’t answer those questions. In general they never think about these things because the driving force in the life of most people is inertia. You have to start somewhere, so get yourself a notebook and make a timeline. In this example, I’ve got a man, his wife, children and two parents. Below the people I have a project timeline for the physical (bodybuilding, martial skills, etc), Game, Career and Kingdom. Kingdom is not your walk with the Lord, it’s that every king needs his own kingdom. Create your own kingdom.
It’s pretty self-explanatory but in terms of thought exercises, it’s critical. It will be 2020 before you know it and it will seem like only a few years have passed and 2027 will be rolling in. The timeline points to the need for goals.
Strategic Goals and Assumptions
Let’s say that after a lot of skull-time, you came up with a list of life’s goals. Notice that being “happy” isn’t one of the goals.
- I want a secure home where my family can live in peace and relative safety.
- I want a loyal, faithful wife and a successful marriage.
- I want to create a family and rear the children to become successful adults.
- I want a secure source of income that provides for the needs of my family and allows savings and investment, as well as growth opportunities.
- I want to be free from oppression and tyranny.
- I want to be anti-fragile as much as possible in all aspects of my life while still achieving my other goals.
How you arrange to achieve these goals is the essence of strategy and the strategy has to take into account the risks and threats that will prevent you from achieving these goals.
With a good handle on your strategic goals, the first step is to design policies that will facilitate the accomplishment and fulfillment of the strategic goals. Some policies are easy to name, hard to implement, others will take time to identify.
Policies tend to reflect the level of knowledge and understanding an individual has. An example of Toad’s policies to further the above goals would be:
- The wife is a stay-at-home-mom.
- Housing must (if possible) have available land for a large garden and chickens. Rural is better than urban or suburban and housing controlled by a HOA covenant is rejected.
- Housing must be as efficient as possible. Super-insulated, preferably earth-bermed or earth-sheltered, with an emergency power source and an independent water supply (well).
- Always have a large organic garden with a focus on producing and storing as much as possible, using non-hybrid (heirloom) seeds and plantings.
- Produce or purchase free-range meats in bulk to freeze or can.
- No televisions in the home.
- No social media.
- Limited internet usage.
- Focus on a high-protein diet for the children and severely limit or eliminate sugar intake by everyone.
- Everyone takes vitamin and mineral supplements.
- No vaccinations for the children.
- “To Train Up A Child” is the standard child-training text.
- Children will be homeschooled using the Robinson Curriculum or a derivative thereof. Homeschooling year-round, it is expected that the child will complete their high-school education by 12 years of age, at which time they may begin a bachelors degree online. By age 15 they should have completed their bachelors and if they desire they may begin a masters degree which would be completed by they time they are 18.
- Children are required to master at least one musical instrument, preferably two, the piano and guitar.
- Children are required to become fluent in at least one foreign language and have a working understanding of Latin (Rosetta Stone).
- Regular exercise for the entire family is required. Physical fitness should focus on weight (strength) training, running, cycling, swimming and hiking.
- Weapons training for all family members is required, as well as maintaining weapons, ammunition and reloading supplies. Competitive shooting is encouraged.
- Martial arts training in a realistic and effective style is required (BJJ, Muay Thai, etc.) beginning at around age 12 (completion of high school education coinciding with puberty).
- Boys learn Game and girls learn anti-game and behavioral conditioning.
The average person who reads the above list of policies will think they’re crazy (perhaps abusive) and can’t be implemented without enormous pain and suffering. Such thinking is ridiculous. The policies implement a behavioral structure that helps accomplish the goals. The attitude is seeking the best and refusing to settle for mediocrity. If these policies are implemented prior to the birth of children, the children never know any different.
Notice that the above policies are not rules, they are policies.
Different policies are implemented to further various goals based on many different variables, so policy decisions tend to be rather unique.
Below the strategic goals are tactical goals that are incremental steps toward the accomplishment of the strategic goals. Tactical goals accomplish missions and achieve objectives.
Let’s think about this in terms of a 5-Paragraph Operation Order. Yes, it’s military (what did you expect?) but it translates quite well to anything.
- Situation: The current situation on the ground, which is probably fluid and not well understood. Situational awareness is a process best exemplified by the OODA loop. Observe, Orient, Decide, Analyze.
- Mission: METT-T (Mission, Enemy, Terrain and Weather, Troops and Fire Support Available, Time Available). This is the part that describes what is to be done.
- Execution: This is the part that describes how the mission will be accomplished: Who, What, When, Where, Why.
- Administration: The logistics of the operation. Beans, Bullets, Bandages, Batteries. This assumes a small, independent command (you and your family) so there isn’t a separate administrative section for dealing with casualty evacuation, civilian affairs and prisoner control and processing.
- Command and Signals: Chain of command and leadership for each element, all communication methods, devices and procedures.
An example of this is found here.
The Current Situation
Previously I wrote about the prophesy the Apostle Paul made in Romans 1:18-32, which describes God’s Wrath being visited on the West, particularly the US.
In that post, I laid out a timeline for the three generations in which God gave the people over to the evil desires of their hearts. The precursor generation was from 1917-1945 (28 years), buttressed on each end by a world war with a depression in the middle. Then came the generation of impurity from 1946-1973 (27 years), followed by the generation of degrading passions from 1974-2001 (27 years). We are now in the generation of depraved minds which began in 2002. If I’m correct (or even reasonably correct) then we have about 12-13 years left in this generation and no guarantees things will continue for that long before everything breaks down.
The United States has had a war waged against it for well over 50 years, although it’s not a war fought with soldiers and guns. The war has attacked the fabric of our society, destroying trust between individuals, destroying families, churches, communities and traditions. The culture has become corrupt.
The US has been losing the battles on every front for decades. By any metric one wishes to use, the standard of living and quality of life continues to decline and there are no political solutions at this point short of war. War is coming, it’s simply a matter of time.
There are no political solutions left, there are only individual solutions.
On the subject of the greatest threat to the nation, Winston Churchill famously said
Why you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid airman, and the most audacious soldier, put them at a table together-and what do you get? The sum of their fears.
We have a similar situation today with various groups and individuals believing we will see an overthrow of the Constitution and the imposition of martial law, an invasion by UN troops, chaos and anarchy following a massive terrorist attack, a genocidal civil war, economic collapse or some combination of all of them. The question is how to position one’s self in an uncertain environment to be prepared.
The answer is to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
- Asymmetric 4th Generation Warfare.
- Feminism’s Children.
- Begin With The End In Mind: Look first to your field.
- Choose A Product With A Growing Market And Declining Supply: The Best Field
- A Kingdom Needs A Castle: